There are two different methods for the placement of Phocal fluoride disks, depending upon the tightness of the contact points of the adjacent teeth.
- All debris and calculus should be removed from the selected interproximal sites prior to treatment.
- The interproximal sites and disk must be kept dry during placement.
Method 1: Insertion of Flat Phocal Disks
- Recommended for anterior teeth and where spacing allows.
- When spacing allows, insert the flat Phocal disk interproximally with forceps and/or by hand directly between the contact points of the two adjacent teeth.
Method 2: Insertion of Flat Phocal Disks with Separation
- Recommended for posterior teeth and where spacing is restrictive.
- In some cases, separation with wedges or rings may be necessary prior to insertion - separate teeth by your preferred method of separation.
- After appropriate time for minor separation to occur, insert the flat Phocal disk interproximally with forceps and/or by hand directly between the contact points of the two adjacent teeth